Normal stuff, making bread, harvesting, used that gnocchi dough to make
ravioli. Then cooked down some minced carrot, tomato, squash and
seasoning to go with ravioli stuffed with mozarella.
The standard pancake/waffle mix of mine works fine, just exchanged the milk for almond juice, and deleted the eggs. I used to insist on nutmeg, allspice, or cinnamon, along with applesauce or bananas. No more, just too unreliable and usually gummy around guests. So for about 4-8 pancakes, depending on size, it is just 1 cup flour 1 tbsp baking powder 1-3 tbsp sugar 1/4-1/2 tsp salt 3/4 cup almond milk/juice I used to make these with whole wheat flour, also, still fluffy, just don't weight it down with oil, applesauce, or smashed banana- no need! Local store didn't have whole wheat, hopefully next week! Also ordered a 5 lb package of vegan "shwarma meat". Had it on homemade naan this weekend, then put it on rice for spouse lunch, then added some to homemade goulash (tomato, carrot, onion, garlic, red bell pepper, salt, pepper, paprika, broth, fat elbow pasta. This stuff is fantastic, I can see it in cottage pie, pulled sandwiches, beef and broccoli... Sure...
Husband decided that he wanted to learn to cook (without having to follow silly recipes). The first weekend was a basic yeast bread. Second was a jewelled, vegan rice (tvp, rice, seasoning, pistacchios, broth, dried apricots, raisins, onion, tomato, red bell pepper). Third, I ended up with strep throat, but had pulled out a pork roast to thaw-gave him written directions how to use the dutch oven with coal for the piece of meat- how to preheat, etc, outside. Pulled out seasonings for him to use his own judgement on so he can gauge seasoning use. Everything has come out pretty perfect! Never having had strep before, it has been/is still an interesting thing to go through. The first day I just thought it was monthly issues, then 3 am I began throwing up. By the second days' evening, my throat was sore and swollen, I pretty much figured I would die before my 21 year old cat. On the third day I went in to see a doctor because I realized it wasn't allergies and found it hard...
Most lentils cook for about 10-15 minutes, but batch cooking helps save time down the road. So I make 2 or more cups-worth at a time, use a cup, freeze a cup for later. Same with brown rice, it is my bane, though at taking about 45 minutes to cook. Here are two meals I made this week with them. Both meals consisted of: 1-2 tbsp grapeseed oil a medium onion, diced another cup, or three, of your favorite veggies 1 tsp paprika 1 tsp cumin 1/2 tsp pepper (more to taste) 1 tsp salt (more to taste) cup cooked brown rice cup cooked lentils 1-2 tbsp liquid amino, soy sauce flavor *one meal also had half a tube of soyrizo First meal 1. put oil in large pan, turn on high, add diced onion and thawed peas and carrots (carrots already diced) 2. flip so that everyone is coated in the oil 3. sprinkle seasonings on top, let it sit on medium for 5 minutes without turning, add 1/8th cup water if dry 4. mix up good, add lentils to one side of pan, rice on the other, let sit anot...
Comments
Post a Comment