Impatient for Freezer Meal-Making

Meals are being made and I just keep freezing the left overs.

Spinach and Artichoke Casserole


This was good split between the two of us on a hungry day, but would also make a great side for maybe 8 spoonfuls.

Grease a pie plate and add the mixed combination of:
2 handfuls cut spinach
6.5 ounce jar marinated artichokes drained and minced
1 cup rehydrated, slightly seasoned (broth), broken into smaller pieces soy curls
2 cups crushed tortilla chips
2 mushrooms, minced
2 green onion stalks, sliced
1 cup bechamel (oil, flour, nutritional yeast, almond milk, salt, pepper, garlic)

Bake about 350f for 45 minutes, or until browned, or bubbly.


The Hotdogs

I steam in parchment and foil wrappers. These might do good on a grill or a stick over fire but I have not tried it. I fry it in a pan to give it crispy edges all around. I eats like a hot dog, but don't expect that elastic molded-meat pull to it. This is more like if you made food out of play dough.

1 1/2 tbsp tomato paste
1 tsp paprika (smoked)
1 tsp onion
1 tsp garlic
1 tsp salt
1/4-1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 cup vital wheat gluten
1/4 cup garbanzo bean flour

Makes about 2. Steam 35-45 minutes.

Manchurian Balls


This was based off the one I tried from Quincy Malesovas. I've changed some of the ingredients, some amounts, and the way some of it is prepared. We did about 7 as a personal serving, 3 on a lettuce roll/wrap/bun. These would be fun at a party on toothpicks. I have never had manchurian balls so I am not sure what they are supposed to taste like to begin with, but these made me think of eggs. Made me think of a bbq version of Egg Foo Yung. Which now I know I will make an egg foo yung version of these balls and a brown sauce in the future

The Balls

A box of soft tofu
a cup of brown rice
2 minced stalks of celery
1 large minced stalk of carrot
1 small red bell pepper, minced
2 sliced stalks of green onion
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp tamari
2/3 cup flour

Make about 20 silver dollar-sized veg pancakes.
Cook about 5 minutes on each side, medium high heat.
Set aside on a rack to cool.
Once cool enough to handle, squeeze them into ball shapes with hands.
Let sit while making sauce, then as sauce comes together, add them in and toss to coat to serve.

The Sauce

1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp ginger
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp pepper
4 tbsp tomato sauce
1/4 cup water with 1 tbsp cornstarch
more water on the ready to thin out sauce to desired state.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Impatient Pantry of Another

Impatient Training and Reboot